Fullerton College Library
Why join the Queer Book Club?
Community. Enjoy the company of fellow book lovers who identify as LGBTQ+. Allies welcome.
Contact Monique Delatte Starkey, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our meetings have moved online!
To join, email Monique Delatte Starkey, email@example.com
- LA Times Festival of Books 2018 Book Prize Winner, Graphic Novel/Comics,
- Publisher’s Weekly Best Book of 2018,
- One of The Washington Post’s “10 Best Graphic Novels of 2018”,
- School Library Journal Best Book of 2018
- YALSA Top Ten Great Graphic Novel
- 2019 Hugo Award Nominee, Best Graphic Story
- Harvey Award Nominee, Book of the Year
- Harvey Award Nominee, Best Children’s or Young Adult Book
Where to find the book
Unfortunately, because of campus closure, the library is unable to obtain copies of the book for participating students. But there are several options for finding the book online.
- Check the eBooks at your local public library. Some libraries are offering e-library-cards right now. Residents of LA County can sign up remotely for a library card that grants access to e-resources via (LAPL).
Another option is to sign up for free, 30-day Audible trial, & then cancel before you’re charged.
- There are also a few purchase options.
QBC’s Past Reads
Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera
American Library Association Top Ten selection,
Over the Rainbow Project winner,
Independent Publisher Book Award for Gay/Lesbian/Bi/Trans Fiction silver award winner.
Angels in America by Tony Kushner
Pulitzer Prize for Drama,
Tony Award for Best Play,
Desk Award for Outstanding Play