Fullerton College Library
Curbside PickupPlace Hold. Park. Pickup.
Computer Policies and Procedures
There are over 120 student computers in the library. These include:
24 Laptops at the Reserve counter
17 Desktops with wired Internet, MS Office, and printing capability in the Computer Commons
30 Desktops in the research area to the east of the Reference Desk
31 Desktops in the dedicated library 827 classroom/lab
9 Online Express desktops in the library lobby
11 Catalog computers located near the collections on the 1st and 2nd floors
Most desktop computers in the Computer Commons are used on a first-come, first-served basis. Laptops can be reserved from Circulation to be used within the library only for up to 2 hours.
Contact the Fullerton College Help Desk at 714-992-7111 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance regarding WiFi log on issues.
The library adheres to the Fullerton College Academic Computing Technologies’ Acceptable Use Policy. Library computers are for academic purposes related to Fullerton College.
- Playing games, using social media for recreational purposes, and viewing inappropriate material are not allowed on library computers.
- There is a one-hour time limit at the research stations east of the reference desk and a ten-minute time limit at the e-mail express computers near the library entry.
- No software may be installed on library computers. Students needing to install textbook software or CDs should use the campus computer labs.
- No DVD viewing on library computers. Please use library TV/DVD units.
- Headsets must be used for sound files.
- Student IDs will be recorded for students who violate policy. Subsequent violations will result in referral to the dean for disciplinary action.
- Users making reproductions of copyrighted material in violation of the U.S. copyright law (Title 17 U.S. Code) are liable for infringement.
Research Computers: Located on the first floor near the reference desk are one-hour-use computers designated for research only. No software is installed on these Internet-only computers. Two computers are dedicated to adaptive use. Priority for these terminals is for the disabled. Four rows of computers are restricted to student use and require a student login. One row of computers is restricted to the library website and do not require a student log-in.
Laptops: Laptops available for check-out at reserve desk. All laptops include MS Office suite. Restricted to student use, the laptops require student log-in for Wi-Fi access.
Computer Commons: Located behind the first floor photocopy center. Expressly for research and writing. Computers include MS Office suite. Restricted to student use. Student log-in required.
10-minute Online Express Computers: Located on the column countertops in the lobby. Users may access the Internet and MS Office. Computers time-out after 10 minutes. These computers are restricted to student use and require a student log-in.
Catalog Computers: Dedicated to locating library books, periodicals, and media. Located in the reference shelving and interspersed throughout the second floor of the library. Restricted to the library website. Student log-in not required.
Other Local Libraries
Guest computer access is also available at:
- CSU Fullerton Pollack Library: 800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, CA 92834, (657) 278-2633
- Anaheim Public Library: Central Library, 500 W. Broadway, Anaheim, CA 92805, (714) 765-1880
- Fullerton Public Library: 353 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832, (714) 738-6334
- Orange County Public Library Brea: 1 Civic Center Circle, Brea, 92821, (714) 671-1722
- Orange County Public Library La Habra: 221 E. La Habra Blvd, La Habra, 90631, (714) 526-7728 or (562) 694-0078
- Orange Public Library & History Center: 407 E. Chapman Ave., Orange, CA 92866, 714-288-2400
- Placentia Public Library: 411 E. Chapman Ave., Placentia, CA 92870, (714) 528-1906
- Yorba Linda Public Library: 18181 Imperial Hwy., Yorba Linda, CA 92886, (714) 777-2873