You may request a book that has been borrowed by another person. Please note that if a book is available and on the shelf, you may NOT place a hold and reserve this item. You must come into the library and check out the book. Reserve materials such as textbooks and books "on order" may not be placed on hold at any time.
- To place a book on "hold", follow these instructions:
- On the library homepage, select the RESEARCH link then roll over BOOKS and click on ONLINE CATALOG.
- Search the online catalog to locate the book you want.
- After you find the book, select Request located in the blue column on the right.
- In the Institution ID box, enter your student ID number found under your name on your student ID card.
- Click Submit located at the bottom of the screen. A message "Your request was successful" should appear.
- Either Log Out at the top of the screen or continue searching for additional titles by selecting the Search tab.
- Exit by clicking the top right-hand button when finished using the catalog.