Welcome to the Fullerton College Library
Whether you choose to interact with the library in person in our beautiful building in the center of campus or online via the Web, we aim to make your experience an easy and successful one. We strive to promote information literacy through all of our various offerings. If there is anything we can do to make your visit with us better or more productive, please do not hesitate to ask.
We look forward to working with you,
Dr. Dani Wilson
Dean, Library/Learning Resources, Instructional Support Programs and Services
|Highest Attendance Day||7,880||8,421||7,347||6,254||7,028||6,649|
|Circulation – Books||29,315||27,044||26,496||22,423||21,750||20,322|
|Circulation – Reserves||103,873||76,882||64,427||53,436||52,459||41,958|
|Instructor Requested Library Instruction Sessions (LIS)||243||246||224||224||278||289|
|LIS Student Attendance||6,604||7,180||8,913||6,371||7,871||8,248|
|Scheduled Research Consultations||70||64||115||147|
FC Library Code of Conduct
The goal of these rules is to provide a quiet, clean, and safe environment in support of the library’s mission to assist students, faculty, and staff in attaining their educational and informational goals in a supportive library environment.
- Please respect your fellow students. Audible discussions and cell phone conversations detract from students’ ability to study. Silence cell phones in the library.
- Students are required to be fully clothed, including footwear.
- No smoking or vaping.
Taking Care of the Library and Library Materials
- Treat your library and its contents with respect. Do not rip or write in library materials, destroy equipment, or vandalize furniture.
- If you remove a book from the shelves, please do not re-shelve it; place it on the nearest table or study carrel for library staff to count and re-shelve.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted in the library. Exception: drinks in spill proof containers.
- Do not remove barcodes from library materials. These labels are for checking in and out materials and do not set off the alarm.
- To prevent theft, do not leave your belongings unattended in the library. Unattended items may be removed from the library by Campus Safety.
- You may not use your belongings to reserve a seat or study room.
- Your body or personal belongings must not obstruct pathways or deny others reasonable use of the library.
- Bicycles, shopping carts or wheeled conveyances in the library are prohibited, with the exception of wheelchairs and baby strollers/carriages transporting a person or child. Wheeled backpacks or book carriers used for the transport of research and reading material are allowed. Skateboards are permitted in the library as long as they are non-operational, out of the aisles, and not a hazard to others.
To prevent the theft of library materials, state law authorizes the detention for a reasonable period of any person using these facilities suspected of committing “library theft” (Penal Code Section 490.5).
See Fullerton College Policies and Rules for more on campus policies.